New Hospital Visiting Hours and Access
Our highest priority at Nilai Medical is the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, physicians and our employees. It is important for us to keep you informed during this period of COVID-19 concern.
Nilai Medical has created a COVID-19 task force to proactively ensure the highest level of patient care and hospital safety. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking extra precautions to reduce the risk of the spread of the disease. Therefore, we have revised visitor policy and is screening everyone who enters our patient care facilities.
Visitor hours have been revised as below:
|Ward||12:00pm – 02:00pm
06:00pm – 08:00pm
|ICU||12:00pm – 02:00pm
06:00pm – 08:00pm
We know there are many situations where caregivers and family are helpful during an outpatient visit. However, at this time we have to restrict the number of people in our wards and waiting areas to support social distancing and foster a healthier, safer environment:
For all visitors or caregivers
- One caregiver is allowed per patient per day. Only 1 visitor per patient is allowed during visiting hours.
- Should be a support person who is essential for the physical and mental well-being of the patient.
- Must be age 18 or older and healthy. Children below the age of 12 years old are not permitted to visit patients in the ward.
- Will be screened for symptoms of fever and illness when arriving and asked which patient they are visiting.
- Must wear a face mask at all times, including in the patient room.
- Stay in designated areas (such as patient’s room for inpatient or in waiting area for surgery and procedures) as much as possible.
For all vendor/ contractor representatives
- Vendor or contractor representatives must have a scheduled appointment to visit our facility; unsolicited visits are prohibited.
- Vendor/contractor representatives are not permitted to meet professional staff in any patient care unit, including inpatient units, nursing stations, physician lounges, outpatient areas.
- All appointments on Nilai Medical premises must be made by the vendor/contractor representatives in advance, regardless of whom the representative would like to visit.
Visitor Screening Rules
We continue to limit to ONE entrance to our hospital as a measure in our safety efforts. This allows us to effectively screen everyone who comes into the hospital. The entrance is located at the Accident & Emergency Department (A&E); our main entrance at the lobby will remain closed temporarily until further notice.
Your temperature is taken by a no-touch thermal scanner located at the Primary Triage (a tent set outside the Accident & Emergency Department). Visitors are not permitted to enter if they exhibit signs or symptoms. COVID-19 test (RT-PCR) is available and can be done within the facility by appointment basis.
A health declaration form will also be completed at the Primary Triage before entering any of our facility. We understand these screenings and forms may be an inconvenience; however, it is an important step to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. We appreciate your help in protecting our patients and staff.