COVID-19 Drive-Thru Tests
A Safe, Quick, and Private COVID-19 Testing Experience
A COVID-19 Drive-Thru test is an efficient method for diagnosing an active COVID-19 infection, while minimising the further spread of the contagious disease.
COVID-19 Drive-Thru tests provide a safe testing experience within the comfort and privacy of your own car.
If you experience symptoms of COVID-19, consult with your health care provider, and schedule a COVID-19 Drive-Thru test with us to diagnose your condition and manage symptoms.
What Should You Expect During a COVID-19 Drive-Thru Test?
- On the date of your appointment, drive to the testing site at Nilai Medical Centre. Please enter using the side gate entrance to reach the testing site. Once arrived, you will be directed to enter the appropriate lane.
- Please stay seated in your car. A health care worker will approach you soon to check your personal information.
- Drive forward towards the main lobby when prompted to do so.
- When it is your turn to do the procedure, wind down your window, and switch off your vehicle’s engine. A medical professional wearing protective gear will ask you to tilt your head back so they can collect samples to send for analysis.
- A long and thin cotton bud will be inserted gently inside your nose or the back of your throat to collect fluid from your respiratory system.
- Although this procedure can be uncomfortable for some people, please remain calm.
- If a blood sample is required, you will be asked to come out of your car for quick blood taking procedure in the same area. Don’t forget to always keep your mask on.
- After the sample has been collected, you can drive back home.
- The samples taken will be sent to a laboratory for analysis. You should expect to get results within 24 to 48 hours of your testing.
What to Do After a COVID-19 Test?
We advise you to stay at home while waiting for your swab result. Please avoid going out and have contact with others, especially when you are going to be admitted to the hospital or for a surgery/procedure. You will be contacted as soon as possible once your result is out.
Please also continue to self-quarantine at home if you receive a positive result. As required by the Ministry of Health (MOH), we will report the situation to the District Health Office for further action. You will be receiving a call from the MOH for the next course of action.